31 December 2010

2011 Gracie Combatives Program

We’re going to do it!

Do you know who the Gracies are?

Did you know they have one of the best self-paced street defense training programs available for at-home study?

They do.

If you’re like me, though, self-paced and at-home mean I buy it and play with it for a while and never do anything with it. As a matter of fact, and you can check out my other blog post for a review and an idea of when I got them, I did do just that! So what I’ve decided to do is simple: We're going to use the DVD’s to learn the entire 36 techniques in the Gracie Combatives DVD series.

All 36 lessons. We’ll cover them three times each between January 4th and July. The best part about it? All you have to do is show up and be ready to work.

What’s the catch? Why is it free to you? Simple: I don’t have the money, the time, or the rank it takes to become a certifed instructor now. I also want to know if enough people really want to learn what they’re teaching before I plunk down the cash to take their course. We're just a judo club that's working on our ne waza and using this program to help us get better!
I hope you’ll come by and check it out. We can always use more partners and friends! They’re going to be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:15-8:30pm and Fridays from 6:00-8:30pm.

2 comments:

Desh Sonyok said...

This is a cool program...i wish i could do this at NMSU Judo club!!!

Loren said...

It is a cool program. Unfortunately it has not been very successful. I'm not sure how the program will be modified at this time.

If you'd like some ideas, we'll have a clinic up here on 18-19 June and we can discuss it.