11 August 2008

Border Classic Tournament

Well, I went to my first tournament in 5 years. I placed second. My first medal ever. It only took me five tournaments to get there.

It was good fun and quite a learnig experience. I got to meet the President of NM Judo, Inc. Who is a pretty decent guy. I will probably be sticking around in USJI just to try to bring NM Judo to a larger audience.

I haven't had an opportunity to dissect my matches, but I will post them on YouTube when I get the opportunity to put them up.

--------------------------
The Olympics

I have to say I am moderately pleased with NBC and their coverage of judo. While it isn't on any of the regular channels, they do have it live and online. Unfortunately it runs from 10pm (MST) until 2:30am, and the finals of each from 4:00am to 6:00am. Fortunately for me and my waking up, US judo has not been doing so hot. That's not to disparage any of the massive amounts of hard work these wonderful ladies and gentlemen have put into it at all...I just have to wake up early and I'm not going to miss any of their matches if I can avoid it.

I do think there have been some flat miserable calls, especially in Ryan's match, but once they've made the call and reviewed it, what can you do?

Tonight, Travis Stevns fights Franklin Cisneros (ESA) in his first match. I can't wait to watch!

And for those of you who really want to watch these matches again, get CamStudio (I've posted about it before) and record those matches!

The live commentary by David Williams can be absolutely hilarious.

Don't forget Ronda Rousey fights on TUESDAY! GO RONDA!

No comments: