09 July 2008

Collecting Judo Videos

The internet is full of videos of judo, especially YouTube. There is a big problem with that, however, and that is finding and keeping the videos that are worthwhile to you. Every one of us has a different definition of worthwhile. Personally, I'm trying to find stuff out there that will make it easier to retain, teach, and develop my students. I'm also trying to find things that will help me be a better competitor, kata-ist, player, and coach.

Therefore I introduce to you, probably one of the easiest tools I have found to do screen captures. It's called CamStudio. Some of the best things about it is that it is Open Source (that means anybody can get it for free), it's incredibly easy to use, and it's got everything you need without needing more. If you want to do voice over recordings of videos, it will!

There are some negative things, but that may just be my lack of understanding rather than a flaw of the program, of which one needs to be aware. The big one, is that it doesn't record the audio of the video you are recording. That's really the big flaw.

Here's the link for CamStudio.

No comments: