08 July 2008

Fun and Games

Back to the Judo Forum Summit and Camp.

So one of the cool things I learned from the camp was that games are really cool and everybody will do them! Kids, adults, teenagers; everybody!

The games were varied and I'm not sure I got all of them, but of those I got two of them were brought to us by Ronda!

Both of these are based on Freeze Tag. The difference between the two is the way one is unfrozen. In one, the frozen are unfrozen by doing three uchikomi to them. In the other, they are unfrozen by doing a jumping spin in front of them.





Unfortunately, for me with so few students, you need a fair number of students to do it to good effect. However some of the other things I got from the camp don't require a lot of people!

Oh! Another cool warm-up was, what I'm calling, "Partner Carries." Basically the way this works is one partner carries the other in a variety of carries (seoi nage, kata guruma, and I'm sure it could be extrapolated with a host of others).

No comments: